Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionTravellers today seek a deeper experience than what's offered by most travel guides and tour services. They want to feel like they're penetrating a culture or a place, thereby finding adventure and gaining new understanding of the world. That's what the book King of the Road accomplishes. It takes readers to Two Grey Hills to meet master weaver Clara Sherman, to the Gallup Flea Market to taste a mutton sandwich, and to Lake Roberts to hear the flutter of a hummingbird's heart. Lesley King cruises Raton's hidden historic district to find relics of railroad history and delves into villages on the edge of the San Pedro Wilderness in search of the ancient Gallina warriors. The travel essays arose from King's King of the Road column in New Mexico Magazine.
- Author BiographyA lifelong New Mexican, raised on a Wagon Mound ranch, Lesley S. King has penned her King of the Road travel column for New Mexico Magazine since 2003. The author of five different Southwest guidebooks from Frommer's, she also has contributed to The New York Times and Audubon Magazine.
- PublisherNew Mexico Magazine
- Date of Publication15/12/2007
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationSanta Fe
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Mexico Magazine
- Content Note72 colour photos, 25 maps
- Weight435 g
- Width165 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Photographs byLesley S. King
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.