Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionCharlana, a strong-willed Germanic princess, yearns for her father's approval. But she cant be the daughter that he wants her to be- learned and cultured in the progressive ways of the Romans. In spite of her struggle to belong, Charlana follows her own path and becomes skilled in weaponry and horsemanship, two gifts that will lead her to a love that she is t ready for, and a destiny that will consume her. Her father and tribal chief, Aric, has his own struggles. To advance his tribe through literacy, he enlists a former Roman Centurion to teach the children how to read and write. But the Roman has a daughter, a beautiful dark-haired woman who greatly intrigues Aric. In his desperation, he betrays both of them in an act that compels him toward salvation and a profound personal change that will affect t only his estranged daughter, Charlana, but also his entire tribe. Set in 180 A.D., it is a time of change. Germanic tribes are starting to vie for Roman land and power. Goths are marauding. The Christian faith, though more ancient than the oldest people, has seen its culmination in a Jewish man named Jesus, and the good news of a Savior is spreading to many lands, causing the greatest change of all - that which is in the human heart.
- Author BiographyAshley Nicole has been writing fiction since childhood, in which her first unpublished books were a fantasy series. Since then, she likes creating characters that are fleshed out with insights gained from personal struggles and observations re-contextualized for a work of fiction that is meant to reach readers at a deep level, while still having that entertaining, page-turning value. She lives in St. Cloud, Minnesota and loves reading the Bible and being with family and friends. She enjoys knitting, walks, wearing skirts (a recent phenomenon for her), designing, New York City, Rend Collective, Ireland (even though she hasn't been there yet), and time and space to just think.
- Author(s)Ashley Nicole
- PublisherNew Creation Books
- Date of Publication25/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Creation Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.