Kirkpatrick's Investment and Trading Strategies: Tools and Techniques for Profitable Trend Following by Charles D. Kirkpatrick (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $102.77+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $94.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionChoosing Stocks and Timing Buy and Sell Decisions: Trend-Based, Evidence-Driven Strategies That Work * What to do, how and when to do it, and why* Specific advice backed by modern statistical tests that identify consistently successful combinations of indicators* Techniques for identifying early weaknesses, maximizing gains, and protecting capital*By Charles D. Kirkpatrick II, the world's most influential technical analyst There's only one way to successfully compete with Wall Street's big boys : use algorithmic systems, just like they do. Fortunately, you can. Thanks to the wide availability of derivatives, cheap computing, and low-cost, high-speed trading platforms, you can run algorithmic systems that are proven statistically and can operate almost automatically. In this book, world-rewned technical analysis expert Charles D. Kirkpatrick II presents these systems and the evidence that supports them. Building on exhaustive research, Kirkpatrick shows why relative strength systems deliver consistent profits. Next, he drills down to identify the optimal elements of such systems, including lookback periods, ranks/ratios for portfolio changes, minimum trading volumes, and techniques for limiting the impact of market declines. Kirkpatrick's final results are practical and robust. Based on easy-to-interpret ADX, forward line, and 3-bar reversal charts, they are easy eugh for virtually any investor to use, with any size portfolio. At its foundation, technical analysis involves recognizing and analyzing trends and identifying the best investment strategy to take advantage of them. Most traders and investors who look for trends do so by analyzing a long list of charts on a continuing basis. In Kirkpatrick's Investment and Trading Strategies, world-rewned technical analysis researcher Charles D. Kirkpatrick II presents tested, pinpoint approaches to stock investing that are far more effective and efficient. Drawing on statistical testing of markets from 1990 to the present, Kirkpatrick identifies combinations of technical tests that have consistently delivered the best performance. Using them, he shows how to identify stocks that are w demonstrating the strongest relative and absolute strength. Next, he identifies specific trend following indicators most likely to identify the first signs of trend reversals--and, thus, the right time to sell. Throughout, Kirkpatrick offers detailed, practical, and example-rich guidance for using these indicators, providing all the detail you need to implement an investment strategy that is both profitable and risk-averse. *Tested, trend-based indicators you can understand and rely on Choose the right stocks--and the right times to buy and sell them*Protect your capital with DMI, ADX, and other key technical indicators Discover your true risk of loss and systematically protect against it*Why Kirkpatrick's relative strength system works so well Understand the statistics behind the system--in as much detail as you'd like*Using the system after you've implemented it Realistic examples and step-by-step instructions
- Author BiographyCharles D. Kirkpatrick II has spent 45+ years in investing as a security analyst, portfolio manager, block desk trader, options trader, and institutional broker. He continues to publish his Market Strategist letter, calculate award-winning stock-selection lists, write books on trading and investing, and teach technical analysis at universities. He has appeared on CNBC and Wall Street Week and has been quoted in Barrons, Money, and BusinessWeek. Twice the winner of the Market Technicians Association's prestigious Charles H. Dow Award, he is the coauthor of Technical Analysis: The Complete Resource for Financial Market Technicians and author of Beat the Market and Time the Market.
- Author(s)Charles D. Kirkpatrick
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication26/07/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFinancial TImes Prentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight361 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.