Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionMy name is Kristin and I suck at dating. This makes me unbelievably popular at parties because the stories of my failure are funny. Everyone who hears a few of my war tales tells me I should write a book. This is the book. Join me as I negotiate the wide world of twenty-something dating, tell it like it is, and learn a few of life's lessons along the way. Craigslist; text fights; blind dates; religious awakenings; unwanted dry humping. It's all in there. Here's the pitch: basically, there are only a few types of dating books out there - the how-to (She's Just Not that Into You), the fictionalized amusement (Sex and the City), and memoire style (The Game, Tucker Max). This book blends all of those into one - they are 100% true stories (names changed to protect those involved) but rather than just being stories to laugh at, they're pedagogical - what did *I* learn, and what does my reader learn? It's a social commentary on our times more than it is a how-to. The truth of the matter is that the ladies all wonder what's wrong with them, but really it seems to be a case of expectations and interaction problems as we progress socially and techlogically. The book's broken into easy-to-read vignettes that can be left on a coffee table or in the bathroom, and it's written in a conversational, accessible style. Readers are forced to compare it to their own lives and that's very different from memoire-styles out there. At the same time, it's got character development and a very strong, self-effacing personal voice of the current 20 & 30 something generation. Remember, examine your subjects closely . . .
- Author BiographyKristin T. McNamara lives in San Luis Obispo, CA with her beloved fur-monsters, bemused friends, most excellent soul mate, and a whole lot to do.
- Author(s)Kristin Tara McNamara
- Date of Publication12/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.