All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionIrreverent, provocative, hip - and always funny - this guide to power and attitude offers women an intelligent alternative to the negative messages we hear every day from magazines, television and relatives. A Cynthia Heimel for a new generation, Susan Jane Gilman serves up uncommon wisdom and practical advice on everything from sex to politics, from turning shopping skills into a power tool to using man-catching techniques for salary negotiations. Be a Smart Mouth goddess when it comes to...* Beauty: Sure, beauty has the power to excite men. But so does a box of donuts. * Men: After eons of civilisation guys still have trouble understanding the word . Luckily, there's one word that's guy Kryptonite: commitment. * Money: Feminists have condemned capitalism as patriachal and exploitative. They obviously never tried to buy tampons in Communist China in 1986. * Politics: Hey, somebody's gotta rule the world. It might as well be us.
- Author BiographySusan Jane Gilman is the author of Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dressand Kiss My Tiara. She has an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Michigan, and has written commentary for The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and Ms. magazine, among others. Her fiction and essays have received several literary awards. Though she lives in Geneva, Switzerland, she remains, eternally, a child of New York.
- Author(s)Susan Jane Gilman
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication18/05/2001
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWarner Books
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.