Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionKissed by Love and Cursed by Heartbreak is a collaboration of words and emotion that describe different times in my life, you will be immersed in the feelings behind each poem as I expressed the difference between feelings of love and also of despair. At a certain point in life, every female experiences the emotional pain of loneliness. During these moments it is often difficult for my sisters to verbally describe their needs and feelings. This work of poetic reflection is to provide each woman with words of empowerment and freedom. In continuation, this collection of poems also depicts seasons in my life when I was overtaken by the sensation of genuine love. Even though the essence of finding true love is a positive affirmation, these moments can be very overwhelming. So the second part of this books takes readers on a journey to also explore the feeling of despair and loneliness. This book of poetry reflects both aspects of a woman's journey to finding true love and the experience of rejection. The goal is for every teenage girl, mother, and sister to read each page and experience the healing needed to move on with their life.
- Author BiographyLaylaa arrived on the scene January 20 1973, she was first born of six children to her parents Alonzo Davis and Juanita Hill. She was raised in the heart of Brooklyn in the Lafayette Garden Housing Projects. In her early teenage years she started recording her feelings in poem formation. After writing for almost 15 years Laylaa decided to submit one of her poems to a writer's mag in 1995. She was then published as an unknown poet. For many years laylaa did many things her educational background is in social services where she worked in the foster care system helping at risk youth. She also worked in the family court system as a liaison between birth parents and social services. Laylaa is also a co founder along with five other women of an organization called Mothers In Unity. Although she has a passion for helping people physically, her writing is meant to transport you (the readers) to a place where you can find that common connection. Her poems are also meant to give you a great emotional rides. Finally Laylaa has decided to take her writing to the next level by publishing her first book of poem entitled Kissed by Love and Cursed by Heartbreak.
- Author(s)Laylaa Latisha Hill
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.