Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.00+ AU $0.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by fprxr6
- Pickup available
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased upon the old tale of The Marriage of Sir Gawain , Kissing the Hag brings us face to face with the nauseating horror of the hag - the raw side, the dark side, the inside of a woman's essential nature. Here we find the untamed soul, the wild, angry, selfish, lustful, manipulative and incomprehensible elements of woman: all that makes us unacceptable and badly behaved. Too often we have been guided to point a finger of blame, accusing our parents, society, our partners of being dysfunctional. Here Emma Restall Orr doesn't allow us that option. As a Druid and animist, she takes the negative stereotypes of the irrational, emotional woman - feisty bitch to shameless whore, smothering mother to grumpy old bag - and finds the archetypes behind them, the faces and forms of the dark goddess.Instead of dismissing these as unacceptable, she encourages us to ride their wild emotional currents, surfing the awesome tides that threaten to overwhelm us. In Kissing the Hag , we come to accept the fullness of our nature, celebrating the deep mystery, the magic and power of all we are. Kissing the Hag is a book written for women who long to loose the chains of insecurity, convention, guilt and self-negation, and rediscover the freedom and creativity of their true nature. It is also a book written for men fascinated but infuriated by the women they love.
- Author BiographyEmma Restall Orr (aka Bobcat) is one of the most well-known Druids worldwide. She worked for the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids, was Joint Chief of the British Druid Order for nearly ten years, and in 2002 created the international Druid Network. She is a practising priest and teacher, celebrated for her uncompromising views on ethics, environmentalism and personal responsibility. She regularly lectures at universities and within the Pagan community, and works as a media spokesperson for Druidry.
- Author(s)Emma Restall Orr
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication13/11/2008
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight322 g
- Width141 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.58Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.