Kitchen Simple: Essential Recipes for Everyday Cooking by James K. Peterson (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.26+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionHundreds of recipes designed to get exceptional meals on the table in under an hour With Kitchen Simple, James Peterson, one of America s most celebrated cookbook authors and rewned cooking instructors, delivers a definitive resource for the busy home cook. Elevating routine, weekday fare into exciting culinary creations, Peterson proves unequivocally that great food need t be complicated or time-consuming to prepare. More than 200 recipes, such as Summer Steak Salad, Mexican-Style Gazpacho, White Bean Bruschetta, Red Cabbage with Bacon and Apples, and Ricotta Ravioli, are thoughtfully streamlined to require more than thirty minutes of active prep time with delivery to the table in under an hour. For leisurely meals and celebratory occasions, there are also dozens of luxe dishes, like Red Wine Pot Roast, Eggplant Parmigia, Duck Confit, and Profiteroles with Chocolate Sauce. And, from the master of sauces, comes a paired-down primer on making foolproof Mayonnaise, Caper and Herb Sauce for vegetables and chicken, and an easy Bearnaise to dress up grilled fish. Kitchen Simple presents creative possibilities for weeknight meals, quick-and-easy breakfasts, impromptu dinner parties, and inspired last-minute desserts. And with Peterson s invaluable variations, cooks can confidently substitute harder-to-find ingredients with items already at hand. Additional advice on how to stock a pantry with staples to make everyday cooking even easier, plus an inventory of truly indispensable kitchen tools make Kitchen Simple a go-to source of inspiration for cooks of all persuasions: vice or experienced, time-pressed or laid-back, casual or serious.
- Author BiographyFood writer, cooking instructor and photographer--James Peterson is a Renaissance man who began his culinary career as a restaurant cook in Paris in the 1970s. Returning to the United States in the 1980s, Peterson honed his French cooking techniques as chef-partner at Le Petit Robert in New York. A highly regarded teacher for more than two decades, Peterson teaches at the Institute of Culinary Education (formerly Peter Kump s New York Cooking School). His first book, Sauces, won two James Beard Awards; Vegetables, Glorious French Food, Cooking, and Baking have earned him four more James Beard awards. Peterson lives and works in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)James K. Peterson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Note150 full colour photographs
- Weight1116 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.