All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe leading industry association's handbook for going green in the kitchen and bath Kitchen & Bath Sustainable Design is the National Kitchen and Bath Association's complete guide to greening these important rooms. The first book to focus exclusively on kitchen and bath sustainability, this full color guide covers every consideration for both remodels and new construction, making it a handy reference for any kitchen and bath professional. Case studies of award-winning projects demonstrate how space, budget, and sustainability can come together to create beautiful, functional, efficient rooms, and illustrations throughout provide visual examples of the techniques discussed. The book includes information on greening one's practice for the client's benefit, plus an appendix of additional resources and instructional materials for classroom use. Outside of general heating and cooling, kitchen appliances use the bulk of a household's energy. Kitchens and baths together use an average of 300 gallons of water per day for a family of four, and both rooms are high-use areas that require good air quality. Kitchen & Bath Sustainable Design provides a handbook to designing these rooms for sustainability, without sacrificing comfort or livability. With comprehensive guidance on approaching these rooms sustainably, readers will: * Communicate better with builders, clients, and potential clients * Understand technical considerations, and the criteria that make a design green * Conduct a full design analysis, including life cycle costing and efficiency * Learn the ratings systems and standards in play in the green kitchen and bath The biggest elements of sustainable interior design energy efficiency, water use, and materials selection are all major players in the kitchen and bath. Clients are increasingly demanding attention to sustainability issues, and designers must be up to date on the latest guidelines, best practices, and techlogy. Kitchen & Bath Sustainable Design is the complete technical and practical guide to green design for the kitchen and bath professional.
- Author BiographyAmanda Davis, NCIDQ is Chair of the Interior Design Department at Portland Community College, and a practicing interior designer in Portland, Oregon. Robin Rigby Fisher, CMKBD, CAPS is an instructor at Portland Community College, and principal of Robin Rigby Fisher Design. Robin also lives in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Amanda Davis,Amanda Ferroggiaro,NKBA (National Kitchen & Bath Association),Robin Fisher
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/02/2015
- Series TitleNKBA Professional Resource Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1046 g
- Width218 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.