All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree unemployed wasters find themselves embroiled in an unusual dispute with their new neighbours: Carole and her weeping mother. When the shabby Carlisle intervenes in their lives, he incurs the wrath of their landlord - the silent, grinning embodiment of evil, Mr Stapleton - and his mute minion son, Craig. As Mr Stapleton's malign influence spreads to his housemates, Carlisle takes the fight to his enemy and realises he must sacrifice his life to save the world. Owing more to William Blake than to Stephen King, this brooding, unnerving and absurdist graphic vel deliberately shuns the conventional genre trappings of blood and gore in favour of freak falls of liquorice allsorts, cherubim in cowboy suits and narcotic cavity wall insulation.
- Author BiographySi Spencer is a writer for comics and television. As a TV scriptwriter, he has written for Grange Hill, EastEnders and The Bill. His comics work includes Books of Magick (with Neil Gaiman), Hellblazer: City Of Demons, The Vinyl Underground and Bodies, all published by DC/Vertigo. Dix is an illustrator and comic book artist. He has created strips for The Guardian and his work has featured in It's Dark in London, Crisis and many more publications. He lives in Hay-on-Wye, Wales.
- Author(s)Si Spencer
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight358 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.