All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionHumorous and informative, this guide chronicles the history of undergarments, from Queen Victoria and the Quaker reformer Amelia Bloomer to the g-string. Part social history and accompanied by a large helping of humor, irreverence, and evocative illustrations, this intimate look at underwear shows how the developments in knickers reflect the blooming of women s rights. As entertaining as it is informative, this record weaves humor and history to cast new light on the role underwear has played throughout time.
- Author BiographyRosemary Hawthorne lectures on period dress from 1750 to the present day and is the author of Bras: A Private View ; Do's and Don'ts: An Anthology of Forgotten Manners ; Stockings and Suspenders ; and The Costume Collector's Companion 19801990.
- Author(s)Rosemary Hawthorne
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2008
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content Noteline drawings & text
- Weight204 g
- Width122 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.