All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis hugely successful Christmas favourite has been completely reworked for modern knitters. The pieces have all been knitted in today's yarns, taking advantage of the variety of sparkling and velty yarns w available, and the nativity scene has been recreated and photographed using Jan Messent's excellent patterns and instructions. The nativity scene is small eugh to be manageable yet large eugh for many people to have a hand in its making, from the older, more experienced knitter to the youngest beginner; there is even a yarn wrapping activity for young fingers (the making of the stable wall), making this the perfect project for a school, church, knitting group, family or community. The materials needed are simple and inexpensive; the knitted figures and items are assembled using box card, and the patterns allow for individual interpretation in the yarn and stitch patterns. The knitting patterns are clearly presented and there is plenty of advice on all the knitting processes. Full patterns, diagrams and drawings show how to make the stable and stars, Mary, Joseph, the infant and manger, an ox, donkey and sheep, shepherds, an angel, children and wise men. Knit and assemble your own beautiful nativity scene to be enjoyed for years to come.
- Author BiographyJan Messent qualified as a teacher in the mid-50s and, after teaching Art, History and English, became deeply involved with embroidery as an art form. As a member of the Embroiderers' Guild, she taught embroidery design to its members, wrote and illustrated design books, and lectured worldwide. Her last embroidery book was about the Bayeux Tapestry. She became interested in the experimental use of knitting and crochet and hoped, by her books on the subject, to open up new dimensions in the creative use of yarn. Now, having retired from lecturing, Jan writes historical fiction full-time, embroidering as a side-line, reading, painting, and listening to good music.
- Author(s)Jan Messent
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note20 colour illustrations
- Weight262 g
- Width222 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.