All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionKnitting can be a challenging craft, but even more challenging than knitting itself is the cryptic language - a mixture of abbreviations, numbers, unfamiliar jargon, punctuation marks and other symbols - in which knitting patterns, even the most basic, are usually written. It's wonder that so many beginning knitters (and even some whose skills are quite advanced) are intimidated by the bewildering code when they see it in knitting books and magazines - or that so many yarnshop owners grow frustrated by the amount of time they must spend deciphering patterns for the uninitiated.Enter Knitspeak , a knitter's dictionary that disentangles the mysteries of pattern language and translates it into plain English. Andrea Berman Price's essential guide - formatted for quick reference - begins with an overview of how knitting patterns are organized. It then offers a comprehensive alphabetical listing of all the abbreviations, words, phrases and symbols typically encountered in knitting patterns. Knitspeak's many easy-to-understand drawings clarify basic and t-so-basic needle techniques, and a series of sidebars deals with issues ranging from keeping track of simultaneous shaping to substituting yarns and reading a yarn label. The book's appendix is filled with valuable tips, charts and worksheets.
- Author BiographyAndrea Berman Price is a Washington, D.C. - based project manager employed by government agencies and nonprofit organizations to organize complex programs. A lifelong knitter, she also teaches knitting workshops in the D.C. area. She holds a BA in anthropology from the University of Massachusetts and an Ed.M from Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Author(s)Andrea Berman Price
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Content Notecl / bw100 / tt100 illustrations, cl / bw / tt photographs
- Weight380 g
- Width117 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patti Pierce Stone
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.