All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn the extreme sport of blue water, or open ocean, yacht racing, the Sydney to Hobbart challenge is considered one of the most treacherous races in the world; 1998 proved why. Slammed by a sudden freak storm that unleashed ninety-mile-per-hour winds and ermous waves, twenty-four boats were abandoned at sea as sixty-three sailors fought for their lives. Amazingly, fifty-seven were rescued, but six died, including two who were never found. Premier adventure writer Martin Duggard takes us down 725 miles of Australia's eastern coast, and across the Bass Strait (kwn among sailors as 'Hell on High Water', as he re-creates the nightmare voyages of several ill-fated crews. Through interviews with racers, survivors, and devastated family members, he chronicles the emotional saga of the windswept sailors whose skill and daring were futile against the massive waves and unrelenting winds. He also probes the motivations of those unique individuals, including CEOs and Billionaires, who risk all to challenge nature's indiscriminate fury.
- Author BiographyMartin Dugard is the author of KNOCKDOWN and also writes regularly for GQ, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED and ESQUIRE.
- Author(s)Martin Duggard
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication16/10/2000
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Notecolour illustrations maps, colour portraits
- Weight363 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.