All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKen Regan was a young photographer in 1964 when he covered Muhammad Ali's first fight: his historic victory over Sonny Liston in Miami Beach. Afterward, the young photographer embarked on a life-long love affair with the sport of boxing. For the next four decades, Regan would go on to chronicle the greatest fights and the greatest fighters of the age. His extraordinary photographs include many of the most enduring images ever created in the annals of boxing, as well as portraits of table trainers, managers, promoters, writers, and the whole paply of celebrities associated with the sport. Featuring some of the greatest ring action in boxing history, <i>Kckout</i> takes us from sparring sessions and press conferences to weigh-ins and post-fight sessions. <i>Kckout</i> also features Regan's compelling stories and firsthand accounts of his amazing photographic journey into the heart of boxing. Beginning with his early magazine work shooting prizefights and throughout the following decades, Regan developed close personal friendships with some of the greatest fighters. Regan captures intimate moments showing fighters with their families at home and on the road. With numerous black-and-white and color images, many of them seen here for the first time, <i>Kckout</i> is destined to be one of the most celebrated books ever published on the subject of boxing.
- Author BiographyKen Regan began his career in photography by covering sports events such as the World Series, Super Bowls, the Olympics, heavyweight championship boxing, hockey, basketball, tennis, and auto racing. In the 1970s, Regan's scope expanded to the political to include coverage of campaigns, demonstrations, the Kennedy family, and wars in Vietnam, Bosnia and the Persian Gulf. He has also toured with the world-renowned rock and roll musicians and has a vast archive of photographs of Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Madonna, and many others. Regan has more than two hundred magazine covers to his credit, and his work has been featured in such publications as Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, Time, Sports Illustrated, Life, Newsweek, Paris Match, and People magazine. Ken Regan is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Author(s)Ken Regen
- PublisherInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Date of Publication29/10/2007
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Content NoteOver 300 photos
- Weight3406 g
- Width280 mm
- Height355 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.