All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to classical kt theory. Topics covered include: different constructions of kts, kt diagrams, kt groups, fibred kts, characterisation of torus kts, prime decomposition of kts, cyclic coverings and Alexander polymials and modules together with the free differential calculus, braids, branched coverings and kts, Montesis links, representations of kt groups, surgery of 3-manifolds and kts. Kt theory has expanded ermously since the first edition of this book published in 1985. A special feature of this second completely revised and extended edition is the introduction to two new constructions of kt invariants, namely the Jones and homfly polymials and the Vassiliev invariants. The book contains many figures and some tables of invariants of kts. This comprehensive account is an indispensable reference source for anyone interested in both classical and modern kt theory. Most of the topics considered in the book are developed in detail; only the main properties of fundamental groups and some basic results of combinatorial group theory are assumed to be kwn. The text is accessible to advanced undergraduate and graduate students in mathematics.
- Author(s)Gerhard Burde,Heiner Zieschang
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication16/12/2002
- Series TitleDe Gruyter Studies in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.5
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Out-of-print date16/04/2016
- Content Note184 black & white illustrations, 184 schw.-w. Abb.
- Weight1051 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.