All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSince the beginning of the Internet age and the increased use of ubiquitous computing devices, the large volume and continuous flow of distributed data have imposed new constraints on the design of learning algorithms. Exploring how to extract kwledge structures from evolving and time-changing data, Kwledge Discovery from Data Streams presents a coherent overview of state-of-the-art research in learning from data streams. The book covers the fundamentals that are imperative to understanding data streams and describes important applications, such as TCP/IP traffic, GPS data, sensor networks, and customer click streams. It also addresses several challenges of data mining in the future, when stream mining will be at the core of many applications. These challenges involve designing useful and efficient data mining solutions applicable to real-world problems. In the appendix, the author includes examples of publicly available software and online data sets. This practical, up-to-date book focuses on the new requirements of the next generation of data mining. Although the concepts presented in the text are mainly about data streams, they also are valid for different areas of machine learning and data mining.
- Author BiographyJoao Gama is an associate professor and senior researcher in the Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support (LIAAD) at the University of Porto in Portugal.
- Author(s)Joao Gama
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 15
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note62 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.