All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionAn easy-to-follow introduction to support vector machines This book provides an in-depth, easy-to-follow introduction to support vector machines drawing only from minimal, carefully motivated technical and mathematical background material. It begins with a cohesive discussion of machine learning and goes on to cover: Kwledge discovery environments Describing data mathematically Linear decision surfaces and functions Perceptron learning Maximum margin classifiers Support vector machines Elements of statistical learning theory Multi-class classification Regression with support vector machines Novelty detection Complemented with hands-on exercises, algorithm descriptions, and data sets, Kwledge Discovery with Support Vector Machines is an invaluable textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses. It is also an excellent tutorial on support vector machines for professionals who are pursuing research in machine learning and related areas.
- Author BiographyLutz Hamel, PhD , teaches at the University of Rhode Island, where he founded the machine learning and data mining group. His major research interests are computational logic, machine learning, evolutionary computation, data mining, bioinformatics, and computational structures in art and literature.
- Author(s)Lutz H. Hamel
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleWiley Series on Methods and Applications in Data Mining
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight570 g
- Width166 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.