All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the role of kwledge in European transformation under a regional perspective. Starting out with a critical appraisal of 'kwledge', 'kwledge ecomy' and 'kwledge society' as theoretical concepts the book pursues the regional and cross-border context of kwledge. Its empirical focus is on the Alps-Adriatic cross-border region in Central Europe with some international comparisons. Here the dense fabric of kwledge in regional societies is demonstrated. Awareness of the importance of regions in socio-ecomic development is raised.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Josef Langer is professor of sociology at Klagenfurt University (Austria). He has held functions in professional organisations, acted as consultant and has lectured at a number of universities in Europe, Japan, India, Africa and USA. His current fields of research include European transformation and cross-cultural management. Jurica Pavicic is professor of marketing at the University of Zagreb (Croatia). He has cooperated with several universities and held invited lectures in UK and USA, participated in numerous projects and served as adviser to enterprises and nonprofit organizations in South East Europe. His main research interests are nonprofit marketing, advocacy and community development. Niksa Alfirevic is professor of management at the University of Split (Croatia). He has participated at numerous conferences and cooperated with companies, universities and nonprofit organizations in Austria, Croatia and UK, including EU-sponsored projects. His main research interests are management of nonprofit organizations, e-business and social dimensions of information & communication technologies.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note17, 1 fig., 14 tables, 2 graphs
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJosef Langer,Jurica Pavicic,Niksa Alfirevic
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.