All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionSuccessive food, ecomic and environmental crises have prompted the world Agricultural Research for Development (ARD) bodies to spring into action. Faced with the clear failure of public development aid to reduce inequalities and hunger, especially in Africa, wide consensus has been achieved from the World Bank to the G8 via the UN, the European Union and the African Union these past five years on the need to improve agricultural production through sustainable rural development which shows respect for Man and Nature. The ARD has set itself the goal of supporting the implementation of technical, social and institutional responses to sustainable development through a partnership encouraging the pooling of kwledge, increased skills and the automy of key players.
- Author BiographyDaniele Clavel is an agronomist with a doctorate in environmental sciences and techniques from the University of Paris 12. She specializes in adapting plants to drought and worked for fifteen years in Africa, notably in Senegal as a groundnut breeder. She is currently working at CIRAD in Montpellier, in relation with numerous rural development operators in French and English-speaking Africa.
- Author(s)Daniele Clavel
- Date of Publication21/06/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight305 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.