Knowledge and Skill Chains in Engineering and Manufacturing: Information Infrastructure in the Era of Global Communications : Proceedings of the IFIP TC5/WG5.3, WG5.7, WG5.12 Fifth International Working Conference on the Design of Information Systems for Manufacturing 2002 (DIISM2002), November 18-20, 2002 in Osaka, Japan by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2004)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionSince the first DIISM conference, which took place 9 years ago, the world has seen drastic changes, including the transformation of manufacturing and engineering software, and the information and communication techlogies deployed. The conditions for manufacturing and engineering have changed on a large scale, in terms of techlogy-enabled collaboration among the fields of design, engineering, production, usage, maintenance and recyclingldisposal. These changes can be observed in rapidly-growing fields such as supply chain management. As for production techlogies at factory floors, new visions on human-machine co-existing systems involve both kwledge management and multi-media techlogies. Therefore, because of these changes, the importance of information infrastructure for manufacturing has increased, stunningly. Information infrastructure plays a key role in integrating diverse fields of manufacturing, engineering and management. This, in addition to its basic role, as the information and communication platform for the production systems. Eventually, it should also serve the synthetic function of kwledge management, during the life cycles of both the production systems and their products, and for all stakeholders.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/12/2004
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleIFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology
- Series Part/Volume Number168
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight724 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byEiji Arai,Eindhoven University Of Technology,Fumihiko Kimura,Jan Goossenaerts,Keiichi Shirase
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.