CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.83Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.85Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.08Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionAfter ten-year-old Hannah loses her father's lucky boyhood marbles, bad things start to happen. Hannah's t-quite-right little sister almost chokes to death on one of the marbles left behind, Daddy's Liberty ship sails off to points unkwn, and her mother has little time or energy to deal with the strife on the homefront. Unable to stay out of trouble for long, Hannah learns about love, death, and sacrifice as she struggles to find her place in a world at war. Resorting to petty crime, she boards the Red Car to the Long Beach Pike and an exciting new life away from the battles at home. She soon discovers, however, that bad luck can follow anywhere. When a telegram arrives from the warfront, fulfilling the prophecy of a fortuneteller, Hannah is determined to change her luck and salvage her family. Unfortunately, girls don't play marbles, and she challenges the worst Hannah-banana boy on one of the darkest days in American history.
- Author BiographyMaryAnn Easley is the award-winning author of a number of books for young people. She conducts children's writing workshops, gives school assemblies, and teaches adult literature and writing. During World War II, her father served in the Naval Armed Guard aboard the last Liberty ship sunk in the Indian Ocean.
- Author(s)MaryAnn Easley
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication21/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.