All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionSince the mid-twentieth century, Zoltan Kodaly's child-developmental philosophy for teaching music has had significant positive impact on music education around the world, and is w at the core of music teaching in the United States and other English speaking countries. Kodaly in the Kindergarten Classroom is the first comprehensive handbook to update and apply the Kodaly concepts to teaching music in early childhood classrooms. Kodaly in the Kindergarten Classroom provides teachers with a step-by-step road map for developing children's performance, creative movement, and literacy skills in an organic and thoughtful manner. Through six years of field-testing with music kindergarten teachers in the United States, Great Britain, and Hungary (the home country of Zoltan Kodaly), authors Micheal Houlahan and Philip Tacka have developed a methodology specifically for 21st century classrooms. Houlahan and Tacka use the latest research findings in cognition and perception to create a system t only appropriate for kindergarteners' particular developmental stages but also one which integrates vertically between kindergarten and elementary music classes. The methods outlined in this volume encourage greater musical ability and creativity in children by teaching kindergarteners to sing, move, play instruments, and develop music literacy skills. In addition, Kodaly in the Kindergarten Classroom promotes critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration skills. Although the book uses the Kodaly philosophy, its methodology has also been tested by teachers certified in Orff and Dalcroze, and has proven an essential guide for teachers matter what their personal philosophy and specific training might be. Over 100 children's books are incorporated into Kodaly in the Kindergarten Classroom, as well as 35 detailed lesson plans that demonstrate how music and literacy curriculum goals are transformed into tangible musical objectives. Scholarly yet practical and accessible, this volume is sure to be an essential guide for kindergarten and early childhood music teachers everywhere.
- Author BiographyDrs. Micheal Houlahan and Philip Tacka are co-authors of: Kodaly Today: A Cognitive Approach to Elementary Music Education and From Sound to Symbol: Fundamentals of Music published by Oxford University Press, the Sound Thinking Series published by Boosey & Hawkes include Music for Sight-Singing and Ear Training Volumes I & II and Sound Thinking: Developing Musical Literacy Volumes I & II. Zoltan Kodaly: A Guide to Research (Garland Publishing Inc., London, New York and numerous articles published both here and abroad. Both have presented papers both nationally and internationally on aspects of music theory, music history and Kodaly studies and perception and cognition. They are faculty members for the Kodaly Certification Program at the University of Texas.
- Author(s)Micheal Houlahan,Philip Tacka
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleKodaly Today Handbook Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note5 illustrations, 172 music examples, 264 tables
- Weight1328 g
- Width212 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.