All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationThe Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After financing the trips with loans and donations they set off on an epic 101 days long trip across 8000 kilometers, while the world was waiting for the result of the trip. The film tells about the origin of the idea, the preparations and the events on the trip. Kon-Tiki was named after the Inca sun god, Viracocha, and "Kon-Tiki" is an old name for this god. Heyerdahl filmed the expedition, which later became the Acaemy award winning documentary in 1951, and wrote a book about the expedition which was translated into 70 languages and sold more than 50 millions copies around the world. Heyerdahl believed that people from South America could have settled Polynesia in pre-Columbian times, although most anthropologists now believe they did not. ...
- Product Release Date28/08/2013
- Theatrical Release Year2012
- Number of Discs1
- ActorsAgnes Kittelsen,Amund Hellum Noraker,Anders Baasmo Christiansen,Edward Kling,Eilif Hellum Noraker,Elisabeth Matheson,Gustaf Skarsgard,Jakob Oftebro,Jo Adrian Haavind,Jonas Heier Straumsheim,Kasper Ameberg Johnsen,Odd Magnus Williamson,Pal Sverre Hagen,Peter Wight,Tobias Santelmann
- DirectorsEspen Sandberg,Joachim Rønning
- Rating InfoMature Themes And Violence
- Run Time118 minutes
- Primary GenreAction/Adventure
- Sub GenreBiography,Drama,History
- Aspect Ratio16:9
- Main Audio TypeDolby Digital
- Video FormatPAL
- Tag LineReal adventure has no limits.
Most relevant reviews
- vinnos6114 Jul, 2016by
A real adventure!
This is a great watch! It's a true to life adventure with an amazing sound track You see how the challenges the men faced changed them. And at the end you get to find out what they do with the rest of their lives.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $65.85
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $41.15
- AU $69.75Trending at AU $81.48
- AU $54.99Trending at AU $65.90
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $19.89
- AU $36.45Trending at AU $47.85
- AU $11.48Trending at AU $13.73