All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionTold almost exclusively through dialogue, Konfidenz opens with a woman entering a hotel room and receiving a call from a mysterious stranger who seems to kw everything about her and the reasons why she has fled her homeland. Over the next nine hours he tells her many disturbing things about her lover (who may be in great danger), the political situation in which they are enmeshed, and his fantasies of her. A terse political allegory that challenges our assumptions about character, the foundations of our kwledge, and the making of history, Konfidenz draws the reader into a postmodern mystery where thing--including the text itself--is what it seems.
- Author BiographyAriel Dorfman is a Chilean American novelist and playwright. His works include the Laurence Olivier award-winning play Death and the Maiden. His latest books are Other Septembers, Many Americas and the novel, Burning City, written with his youngest son Joaquin.
- Author(s)Ariel Dorfman
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication26/09/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight454 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Introduction byAndrei Codrescu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.