All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis compact, well-illustrated and clearly written book offers an essential guide to the complex and contradictory nature of this master of theatre. Routledge Performance Practitioners are a series of introductory guides to key theatre-makers. These compact, well-illustrated and clearly written books will unravel the contribution of modern theatre's most charismatic invators. This is the first book to combine: - an overview of Stanislavsky's life history - an assessment of his widely read text, An Actor Prepares - detailed commentary of the key 1998 production of The Seagull - an indispensable set of practical exercises for actors, teachers and directors. As a first step towards critical understanding, and as an initial exploration before going on to further, primary research, Routledge Performance Practitioners are unbeatable value for today's student.
- Author BiographyBella Merlin is a professional actor and a lecturer in Drama and Theatre Arts at Birmingham University.
- Author(s)Bella Merlin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2003
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleRoutledge Performance Practitioners
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 b&w photographs, 9 plans
- Weight226 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.