All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis first mograph on the oeuvre of Kon Trubkovich (born 1979) surveys the Russian artist's career in color reproductions and in-depth critical discussion, traversing the period from his first museum exhibition in 2006 to the present day. His works delve into themes of rebellion, memory, imprisonment and perception through a wide variety of media, including painting, drawing, photography and sculpture. Trubkovich's multimedia creations are generally based upon film stills, sourced from videos that range from prison footage to found movie clips and home videos. Extended across a series, these isolated fragments, generally distorted or grainy, evoke human processes of memorialization and psychological narrative. The artist's solo exhibitions, all of which are touched upon here, include <i>No Country for Old Men</i> MoMA (PS1), <i>Almost Nowhere</i>, <i>Signali</i> (both Marianne Boesky) and <i>Leap Second</i> (OHWOW).
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width190 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byCay Sophie Rabinowitz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.