All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe Korean Conflict (as it is sometimes kwn) dramatically changed the way that Americans viewed war. The lack of a clear-cut victory inspired filmmakers to try to make sense of fighting ather country's civil war and risking American lives for a largely unpopular cause. More than 50 movies about the Korean War appeared in the 15 years after it ended, and dozens more have appeared since then.This filmography details more than 90 English - language films that chronicle or depict the Korean War and its consequences. Each film entry includes complete cast and credit listings, a plot sypsis, evaluation, review snippets, and tice of video availability. This book places each Korean War film in its historical context, assesses the essential truthfulness and relevance of each film, evaluates each film's entertainment value, and discusses how - and why - Korean War films differ from other Hollywood war genres.The book also provides information on themes and subjects that appear in the films and an outline of the war and those films which portray historical events. The first four appendices list the films by chrology, production company and studio, level of historical accuracy and subject and theme. The following appendices provide a listing of films with superficial or incidental references to the Korean War, a film listing of documentaries on the Korean War and a film listing of South Korean films about the Korean War. Also included are photographs from each film and its marketing campaign, a bibliography, and an index.
- Author BiographyWhile working in the fields of movie distribution and theater management, Robert J. Lentz also reviews films for print and radio media. He is also the author of Lee Marvin (2000) and lives in Randolph, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Robert J. Lentz
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note176 photos, bibliography, index
- Weight885 g
- Width175 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.