All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Kosher Food Production explores the intricate relationship between modern food production and related Kosher application. Following an introduction to basic Kosher laws, theory and practice, Rabbi Blech details the essential food production procedures required of modern food plants to meet Kosher certification standards. Chapters on Kosher application include ingredient management; rabbinic etiquette; Kosher for Passover; and the industries of fruits and vegetables, baking, biotechlogy, dairy, fish, flavor, meat and poultry, oils, fats, and emulsifiers, and food service. New to this edition are chapters covering Kosher application in the candy and confections industries and the snack foods industry. A collection of over 50 informative commodity-specific essays -- specifically geared to the secular audience of food scientists -- then follows, giving readers insight and understanding of the concerns behind the Kosher laws they are expected to accommodate. Several essays new to the second edition are included. Kosher Food Production, Second Edition serves as an indispensable outline of the issues confronting the application of Kosher law to issues of modern food techlogy.
- Author BiographyRabbi Zushe Blech is considered one of the world's leading experts in modern Kosher food production and technology, serving for over twenty years in administrative and field positions relating to all aspects of Kosher certification. He served for fourteen years as a regional director for the Kashrus division of the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America (the OU ), and has since served as a technical and Halachic consultant to virtually all of the major Kashrus certifying agencies worldwide. He has written and lectured throughout the world on the entire gamut of Kosher issues, and has consulted with a number of major food manufacturers to educate them on Kosher issues, obtaining certification, and resolving Kashrus issues. He is a foremost authority on the integration of all aspects of modern food technology with Kosher requirements, including those relating to such cutting-edge issues as biotechnology and enzymology. His articles, many of which are included in Kosher Food Production , have been printed in major Kosher periodicals and publications, such as the Daf ha'Kashrus (OU), Kashrus Magazine , and News & Views (MK). At present, Rabbi Blech directs Kosher certification for Kehillas Bais Benzion in Monsey, NY, and serves as the Kashrus Administrator of EarthKosher Certification.
- Author(s)Zushe Yosef Blech
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1306 g
- Width179 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.