Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionFrom this book, the reader will gain an insight into one of the most creative minds in the history of space exploration. Krafft Ehricke's contribution to space exploration encompasses details of new, invative ideas, but also how to think about the importance and value of space exploration for society. The reader will gain an understanding of the early history of the space pioneers, what they have helped accomplish, and how Ehricke's vision of where we should be going can shape the future. At this time, when there are questions about the path of the space program for the next decades, Krafft Ehricke has laid out the philosophical framework for why space exploration must be pursued, through his concept of the Extraterrestrial Imperative, and the fight that he waged, over many years, for a long-range vision for the program. Readers will find it a very imaginative work, and a very up-lifting story. Krafft Ehricke's Extraterrestrial Imperative is the summation of his work on encouraging the exploration and development of space. The book contains all of his reasons why we need to get off the planet and explore space.
- Author BiographyKrafft Ehricke was an aeronautical engineer who worked with the Von Braun Rocket Team in the 1940s. A member of the International Aerospace Hall of Fame, he was also an advisor to NASA and the U.S. Air Force, he played a major role in the success of U.S. space programs. Marsha Freeman is author of hundreds of articles on the U.S. space program which have been published in 21st Century Science & Technology magazine, Acta Astronautica, Executive Intelligence Review magazine, Fusion Magazine, Quest Magazine , and Space World magazine. She is the author of Challenges of Human Space Exploration and How We Got to the Moon: The Story of the German Space Pioneers. She lives in Leesburg, Virginia.
- Author(s)Krafft Ehricke,Marsha Freeman
- PublisherCollector's Guide Publishing
- Date of Publication27/03/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationBurlington
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApogee Books
- Content Note50 b/w photos & illus
- Weight518 g
- Width255 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.