Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in 1886, this was the first instance where the character of Krishna is studied from a pragmatic and questioning perspective. Like his vel Ananda Math, Krishna Charitra originates from Bankim Chandra's passionate feeling of patriotism. He wanted to uphold Sri Krishna as t just a mythological figure, but an ideal Indian character, whom other Indians could look up to. Sri Aurobindo says, Bankim Chandra poured over the Bhagavad Gita and the Vedas striving to catch the deeper and sacred sense of those profound writings. To give that to his countrymen was the strenuous aim of Krishna Charitra.A In this translation of Krishna Charitra, several passages of Bankim's academic discussions have been omitted, so as to make it easier for the common reader. Also deleted are the criticisms on the European people that Bankim Chandra includes in his book from time to time. Otherwise, the text strictly follows the structure and the content of the original dissertation.
- Author(s)Alo Shome
- PublisherPustak Mahal
- Date of Publication30/01/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPustak Mahal
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.