Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionSri T. Krishnamacharya has been called the Teachers teacher, well kw students of his include BKS Iyengar, BNS Iyengar, TKV Desikachar, AG Mohan, Srivatsa Ramaswami (my own teacher) and Pattabhi Jois. Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and indeed Vinyasa yoga in general is strongly associated with Pattabhi Jois who was Krishnamacharya's student in Mysore from the 1930s-50s, this book seeks to show how and to what extent contemporary Ashtanga is indepted to Krishnamacharya, the sequence of asana, the vinyasa count, the focus on breath and bandha and drishti, as well what has perhaps been mislaid along the way, the slowness of the breath, the extended stays in asana and vinyasas, the employment of kumbhaka (breath retention) and the integration of asana, pranayama and samyama IE. Dharaa (concentration), Dhyana (meditation) & Samadhi (union).
- Author(s)Anthony Grim Hall
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight554 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.