All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor Kristeva, in a world immersed in readymade images, art or aesthetic experience is a practice that constitutes both a subject (a sense of self) and an object that is able to transform meaning and consciousness. 'Kristeva Reframed' examines key ideas in Kristeva's work to show how they are most relevant to artists, and how they can be applied in interpreting artworks. With examples from the paintings of Van Gogh and Picasso, the work of contemporary feminist painters, the photography of Bill Henson and the film and animation work of Van Sowerine, Estelle Barrett demonstrates how Kristeva can illuminate the relationships between artist and art object, between artists, artworks and audiences, and between art and kwledge. Through these relationships she explores what Kristeva's work reveals about the role and function of art in society and offers a smooth passage through Kristeva's ideas and her relevance to visual culture.
- Author BiographyEstelle Barrett is Associate Professor and Deputy Head of the School of Communication and Creative Arts at Deakin University. Her publications include 'Practice as Research: Approaches to Creative Arts Enquiry' (edited with Barbara Bolt, I.B.Tauris, 2007, paperback 2010).
- Author(s)Estelle Barrett
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- Series TitleContemporary Thinkers Reframed
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 bw integrated
- Weight159 g
- Width124 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.