All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaught for thousands of years--and revealed to the West in recent decades by the master Yogi Bhajan--Kundalini Yoga is suprisingly simple to learn. And practiced regularly, it can strengthen the nervous system, balance the glandular system, and harness the energy of the mind and emotion as well as the body. While general yoga technique focuses on exercise postures and breathing, Kundalini takes yoga concepts a step further by integrating them into everyday life activities. This definitive guide, fully illustrated with photographs, is an accessible introduction to this ancient practice, with information on poses and positions, diet and lifestyle, breathing and stretching techniques, chanting and meditation exercises, and general guidelines that can help anyone--beginner or advanced--gain the greatest benefit from yogic practice.
- Author Biography<b>Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa</b> was the first woman to study with Yogi Bhajan in the United States. Bhajan is the leader of the Sikh religion in the West and the founder of 3HO (Healthy, Happy, Holy Organization), which has 300 Kundalini Yoga centers around the world. Shakti has been teaching Kundalini Yoga for nearly 30 years, and was ordained as a minister of the Sikh Dharma in 1974.
- Author(s)Shakti Pawha Kaur Khalsa
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG P Putnam's Sons
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementPerigee ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.87
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.53
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.