All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.62
- AU $46.98Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $45.24
About this product
- DescriptionA fun and accessible introduction to studying kungfu; designed specifically with the interests and capabilities of young martial artists in mind. First time martial arts students are t just starting a program of physical and mental practice. They are entering a new world; one that t only has new rules, new goals, and even new clothing; but that also offers them lots of new opportunities for fun and accomplishment. Kungfu for Kids will help prepare kids to start learning about kungfu and help them practice at home. It includes thorough introductions to the history and philosophy of the techniques, what to expect in the first few classes, how to warm up and practice, and advice on setting goals. With over 75 full colour illustrations, including 40 clearly diagrammed kungfu exercises, along with lots of fun facts and informative sidebars written in kid friendly; jargon free language, this is the perfect introduction for the younger martial artist.
- Author BiographyPaul Eng, who was born in Hong Kong in 1941, began studying kungfu at age 6 and has been teaching it since 1960. He has studied a range of kungfu systems, specializing in Seven Star Praying Mantis. He has taught in New York, in Vietnam, (while serving in the US Army) and in California, where he currently has a kungfu school.
- Author(s)Paul Eng,Stephanie Tok
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.