All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe role of the Kurds in Turkey has long been a controversial issue, although discussion has generally been focused around the political and cultural rights and activities of the Kurds. This book aims to bring a new approach to this contentious subject by shifting attention to the changing popular image of the Kurds in Turkish cities. It focuses particularly on the ways in which the middle-class in Turkish cities develop an exclusionary discourse against the Kurds. Cenk Saracoglu investigates the social origins of such a perception by bringing into focus how neoliberal ecomic policies and Kurdish migration have transformed urban life in Turkey.
- Author BiographyCenk Saracoglu teaches Political Science and International Relations at the Middle East Technical University, North Cyprus Campus.
- Author(s)Cenk Saracoglu
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/10/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleLibrary of Modern Middle East Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 95
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTauris Academic Studies
- Content Note1 map
- Weight431 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.