CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.45
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.56
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $50.34
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.04
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $36.00
About this product
- DescriptionImriel de la Courcel's blood parents are history's most reviled traitors, while his adoptive parents, Phedre and Joscelin, are Terre d'Ange's greatest champions. Stolen, tortured, and enslaved as a young boy, Imriel is w a Prince of the Blood, third in line for the throne in a land that revels in beauty, art, and desire. After a year abroad to study at university, Imriel returns from his adventures a little older and somewhat wiser. But perhaps t wise eugh. What was once a mere spark of interest between himself and his cousin Sidonie w ignites into a white-hot blaze. But from commoner to peer, the whole realm would recoil from any alliance between Sidonie, heir to the throne, and Imriel, who bears the stigma of his mother's misdeeds and betrayals. Praying that their passion will peak and fade, Imriel and Sidonie embark on an intense, secret affair.Blessed Elua founded Terre d'Ange and bestowed one simple precept to guide his people: Love as thou wilt. When duty calls, Imriel hors his role as a member of the royal family by leaving to marry a lovely, if merely sweet, Alban princess. By choosing duty over love, Imriel and Sidonie may have unwittingly trespassed against Elua's law. But when dark powers in Alba, who fear an invasion by Terre d'Ange, seek to use the lovers' passion to bind Imriel, the gods themselves take tice. Before the end, Kushiel's justice will be felt in heaven and on earth.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Carey is the author of short stories, essays, the nonfiction book Angels: Celestial Spirits in Legend and Art, the novels Godslayer and Banewreaker, and the nationally bestselling Kushiel's Legacy series. Carey lives in Michigan. Simon Vance, a former BBC Radio presenter and newsreader, is a full-time actor who has appeared on both stage and television. He has recorded over four hundred audiobooks and has earned over twenty Earphones Awards from AudioFile magazine, including one for his narration of Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini. A twelve-time Audie finalist, Simon has won Audie Awards for The King's Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens, Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, Market Forces by Richard K. Morgan, and The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. Winner of the 2008 Booklist Voice of Choice Award, Simon has also been named an AudioFile Golden Voice as well as an AudioFile Best Voice of 2009.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Carey
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication05/01/2009
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight206 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Narrator(s)Simon Vance
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1560
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.