More items related to this product
Best-selling in Video Games
Save on Video Games
- AU $79.00Trending at AU $92.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $40.44
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $47.90
- AU $66.90Trending at AU $70.57
- AU $31.07Trending at AU $35.69
- AU $40.40Trending at AU $52.11
- AU $17.75Trending at AU $18.41
About this product
- Product InformationTake the role of a young woman in a strange and magical land, who finds herself at the heart of a cultural uprising as she searches for her lost brother. In a style evocative of contemporaries such as BloodRayne, Primal, and the influential Tomb Raider games, players take control of Kya, an able and attractive heroine, for combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving through a surreal, three-dimensional game world.<br><br>Though influenced by earlier hits, Kya: Dark Lineage claims its own territory in the action-adventure genre. The game is built on a new, proprietary engine designed for high quality graphics and a physics system that provides players an immediate sense of Kya's interactions in the world around her. The adventure takes place through 34 quests and side missions, set in nine different game worlds. Kya's powers become stronger as she conquers new challenges along the way.<br><br>Lost in an unreal world, Kya wishes only to find her missing brother and escape back to reality. In her journey she encounters the peaceful Nativ tribe. She is greeted with kindness, but soon finds that her new friends are being persecuted by a group called the Wolfens. Yet these tormenters are themselves merely pawns of a much greater threat -- a mysterious overlord called Brazul. It is only by facing the evil Brazul that Kya can hope to bring peace to this world, and perhaps find a way back to her own.
- PublisherAtari Inc.
- GameKya: Dark Lineage
- PlatformSony PlayStation 2
- ESRB RatingT - Teen
- GenreAction, Adventure
- ESRB DescriptorCartoon Violence, Crude Humor, Suggestive Themes
- Control ElementsGamepad/Joystick
- Number of Players1
- Release Year2003
Most relevant reviews
- snarganarg10 Mar, 2009by
Love this game!
This is one of my fave games for the PS2. I rented it many times years ago and I thought the name "Kya" was so awesome that my husband & I chose it to name our daughter! I wanted to make sure I could show my girl where we got the idea for her name so I just had to buy the game, plus, I'm having a great time playing it again! I love the characters, the game-play rocks, the locations are super cool; in fact, one of my only qualms about it is that sometimes the camera angle can be a pain in the butt. Also, I remember a glitch late in the progress of the game that was real irritating, but I haven't gotten that far yet in this new copy, so I'm hoping it had something to do with the actual disk that I rented at the time. I would recommend this game, definitely. I love it-and how awesome to have a rad chick as the main character?!?! "Kya" rocks!!! Read full review
- komonbaby17507 Aug, 2011by
Exceptional game for a steal!
Kya: Dark Lineage is a classic adventure game for all ages & one of my favorite ps2 games. It has a good plot, problem solving, & the weapon/fighting styles are very entertaining & uniquely fun. I loved the hints of humor portrayed in the enemies throughout the game. I highly recommend this game even for the most serious gamers; it's fun in all aspects!
- 141779534@delet...10 May, 2006by
Game for everyone
This is a game that has a good amount of action but also has much problem solving and puzzle type moments. I am a girl and I've had a lot of fun with it but I've also played other RPGs as well (Baldur's Gate) most notably. My brother and his prepubescent friend seem to think it's somewhat childish, I think they just get bored because there is so much problem solving and things that are hard that you have to do. For me it's an awesome game though.
- 28779659@delete...12 Apr, 2006by
This game has a solid polt and well-developed characters. The graphics are good and it has some very cool sliding/falling portions. Kya can upgrade her weapon and abilities by collecting currency in the places she visits. Fighting looks extremely cool and is easy to learn. This is more of an action game with light puzzling and heavy fighting. Definately worth playing!
- gloanfor21 Jan, 2011by
Kya: Dark Lineage
We really enjoy this game, it is a good entertaiment for children and adult as well. it was sometimes easy and sometimes hard, but we love it. hope you have fan too...