Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionKyongju is the archeological site of the royal capital of the first millennium kingdom of Silla. Because its ancient objects have mattered a great deal t only to its citizens but to the South Korean state and a variety of international actors, Kyongju is the site of a unique intersection of Kyongju things. Oppenheim uses the controversy spurred by the proposed routing of South Korea's first high-speed railway line through Kyongju, to detail a battle in which the futures of Korean democracy, national culture, and Kyongju development were all said to be at stake.
- Author BiographyRobert Oppenheim is Assistant Professor of Asian Studies at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Robert Oppenheim
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note15 b&w photographs, 9 line drawings
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.