All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo visitor can fail to be struck by Kythera's charm or by the variety of its sights: churches, landscapes, ruins, houses, caves, ravines , villages. Kythera's most remarkable heritage lies in its numerous Byzantine remains and paintings, hardly surpassed anywhere in the Aegean outside Naxos. In addition to its classical sites, Kythera also has many pretty villages, waterfalls, mills, streams, hidden grottoes and beautiful beaches. Antikythera has an undisturbed archaeological site at Aigilia, tranquil walks through the interior and remarkable bird life. Elafonisos is best kwn for Simos beach, one of the most beautiful in Greece.
- Author BiographyNigel McGilchrist lectures widely in art and archaeology at museums and institutions both in Europe and in the United States. He was Director of the Anglo-Italian Institute in Rome for six years, taught at the University of Rome, for the University of Massachusetts and was for seven years Dean of the joint Faculty of European Studies for a consortium of American Universities and Colleges. In recent years he has been lecturing at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC and at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art in California. Over the last six years he has walked every path and village of the sixty inhabited Greek Aegean islands in order to prepare the twenty volumes of McGilchrist's Greek Islands. He lives near Orvieto in Italy where he produces olive oil and red wine.
- Author(s)Nigel McGilchrist
- PublisherGenius Loci Publications
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMcGilchrist's Greek Islands
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGenius Loci Publications
- Content Note2 maps, 1 plan
- Width120 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.