All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionThere has always been a lot of confusion and misconception regarding the short-story. What exactly is it? What exactly defines it? And if a true literary artiste is capable of churning out a whole vel, why waste time on a bunch of stories in the first place? C. Bradford Eastland, author of the groundbreaking vel Where Gods Gamble, answers all these questions and more in his masterwork collection of short fiction, L.A. Journal . Throughout the twenty-two stories of this stalgic, regionally driven volume, Eastland the artist's lifelong mission becomes clear; to leave behind a handful of powerful, original, timeless vignettes of the times and places in which he lived. Along the way, he takes a stab at making sense of many of the great issues-love, lust, war, religion, friendship, betrayal, craziness, joblessness, homelessness, homophobia, racism, patriotism, terrorism, and the Giants versus the Dodgers-we humans brush up against every day of our lives. So take a look at Los Angeles through the eyes of a bum, a bartender, a disillusioned writer, an old Negro Leagues ballplayer, and a little boy angry at God-among others. You might wind up seeing one of the greatest and most mocked cities on Earth in a wholly different light.
- Author(s)C Bradford Eastland
- Date of Publication02/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.