All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhillip F. Nelson's new book begins where LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination left off. Now president, Johnson begins to push Congress to enact long-dormant legislation that he had previously impeded, always insisting that the timing wasn't right. Nelson argues that the passage of Johnson's Great Society legislation was designed to take the focus of the nation off the assassination as well as lay the groundwork for building his own legacy. Nelson also examines Johnson's plan to redirect US foreign policy within days of becoming president, as he maneuvered to insert the US military into the civil war being fought in Vietnam. This, he thought, would provide ather means to achieve his goal of becoming a great wartime president. In addition, Nelson presents evidence to show that the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty in 1967 was arguably directed by Johnson against his own ship and the 294 sailors on board as a way to insert the US military into the Six-Day War. It only failed because the Liberty refused to sink. Finally, Nelson presents newly discovered documents from the files of Texas Ranger Clint Peoples that prove Johnson was closely involved with Billie Sol Estes and had made millions from Estes's frauds against taxpayers. These papers show linkages to Johnson's criminal behavior, the very point that his other biographers igre. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in history--books about World War II, the Third Reich, Hitler and his henchmen, the JFK assassination, conspiracies, the American Civil War, the American Revolution, gladiators, Vikings, ancient Rome, medieval times, the old West, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyPhillip F. Nelson is the author of LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination. After college, a stint in the Peace Corps, and a corporate career, he began an intensive study of the JFK assassination, Johnson's presidency, and his continuing criminal conduct. The author resides in Ijamsville, Maryland.
- Author(s)Phillip F. Nelson
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note24 B&W photos
- Weight885 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.