All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPragmatic competence plays a key role in intercultural communication, particularly for students studying in a target community. This book investigates the effect of study abroad on second language learners' productive and receptive pragmatic competences, as well as their cognitive processes during speech act production. It employs a variety of research instruments, both quantitative and qualitative, to explore learners' pragmatic development over one year. The inclusion of a control group is a methodological strength of the longitudinal study, many such studies often t including a control group. In addition, the study longitudinally examines learners' cognitive processes during study abroad with invative and insightful analyses. The book makes an important contribution to second language pragmatics with regard to developmental changes in both speech act production and perception during such processes.
- Author BiographyWei Ren is Professor of Applied Linguistics and a Yunshan Young Scholar at the National Key Research Center for Linguistics and Applied Linguistics at Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, China. His research interests include Cross-Cultural and Interlanguage Pragmatics,Pragmatic variation, and English as a Lingua Franca Communication.
- Author(s)Wei Ren
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number186
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight400 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.