Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionNow from the editors who have already produced Wonders of Life and Heaven on Earth - as well as the recent volume The Titanic, One Century Later - comes a new, oversized hardcover book on our undersea world. In these pages is the best-ever oceanic photography, much of it taken from deep-sea submersibles. Friends of LIFE include such as the artistic wizards Joel Meyerowitz, Michael Melford and Fred Bavendam, and the adventuring scientist Robert Ballard; their work is represented here. Beautiful flora as well as incredible fauna is featured. We dive to the deep-sea vents, which nurture animals too freaky to be believed. We swim with, and learn about, the dolphins and manatees. The horror and sublimity of the sea is fully captured in this book, in dramatic narrative as well as pictures. Of course we deal with whales and sharks, but also with shipwrecks, and the tales behind them. There is the natural history of the sea - where did it come from, what is its future? - and also the story of man's interaction with the oceans, from Noah to Herman Melville to Jacques Cousteau to the Japanese tsunami. In these pages, LIFE descends into the watery depths, and presents an altogether mesmerizing tale.
- Author BiographyThe editors at LIFE vigorously carry on the traditions of excellence in photography, in journalism, and in telling the story of our country and our world which began with LIFE magazine in 1936 by founding editor and publisher, Henry R. Luce. They have published books on a broad range of subjects, including New York Times bestsellers One Nation, LIFE Picture Puzzle and The American Journey of Barack Obama.
- PublisherTime Inc Home Entertaiment
- Date of Publication03/12/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTime Inc Home Entertaiment
- Content Noteover 100 photos
- Weight1429 g
- Width254 mm
- Height353 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byEditors of LIFE
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.