All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIf you've asked yourself Why can't I develop database and XML queries in a language I already kw? , then Language INtegrated Query, or LINQ, is for you. LINQ For Dummies introduces you to LINQ and the .NET Framework techlogies, so you can use LINQ to query any object, any data set, any kind of XML, and SQL Server- questions asked. This plain-English guide gives you a thorough overview of LINQ, from understanding the tasks it performs to making LINQ work with both Visual Basic and Visual Studio 2005. It explains the four LINQ providers in the .NET Framework, the easiest ways to go about accessing data, and how to write more efficient applications with less code using LINQ. There's also clear guidance on combining third-party providers with LINQ to create even more powerful apps. With this single, comprehensive guide, you'll discover how to:* Use one query language with all Microsoft languages* Examine .N ET language extensions and work with extension methods, partial methods, lambda expressions, and query expressions* LINQ to DataSet operators, SQL server operations, XML API, or Active Directory* Deal with databases - download and install the Northwind database, generate Northwind entity classes, and create the Northwind XML mapping file* Create the partial class example, the partial method example, and the database modification example* Use objects with LINQ* Query databases in Visual Basic and C# As an added bonus, you can visit the companion Web site for LINQ examples in C# and Visual Basic. With LINQ For Dummies, you'll link up with LINQ in time and see how you can query almost anything! Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are t included as part of eBook file.
- Author BiographyJohn Paul Mueller has written more than 300 articles and 80 books, most recently Mastering Windows Vista Business with Mark Minasi. The author of Ribbon X For Dummies , he has covered everything from programming to operating systems to home security and accessibility.
- Author(s)John Paul Mueller
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width187 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.