LISREL Approaches to Interaction Effects in Multiple Regression by James J. Jaccard, Choi K. Wan (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.03+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith detailed examples, this book demonstrates the use of the computer program LISREL and how it can be applied to the analysis of interactions in regression frameworks. The authors consider a wide range of applications including: qualitative moderator variables; longitudinal designs; and product term analysis. They describe different types of measurement error and then present a discussion of latent variable representations of measurement error which serves as the foundation for the analyses described in later chapters. Finally they offer a brief introduction to LISREL and show how it can be used to execute the analyses. Readers can use this book without any prior training in LISREL and will find it an excellent introduction to analytic methods that deal with the problem of measurement error in the analysis of interactions.
- Author BiographyJames Jaccard is currently Professor of Social Work; Associate Dean for Research; Co-director, Center for Latino Adolescent and Family Health in the NYU Silver School of Social Work. He received his doctoral degree from the University of Illinois in 1976 and is the director of the Institute for Child Health and Development at Florida International University in Miami. He previously was a distinguished research professor at the State University of New York in Albany, where he was in both the department of psychology and the School of Social Welfare. Dr. Jaccard was trained as a social-developmental scientist with specialties in attitude change and decision making, particularly as applied to young adolescents. Dr. Jaccard's research focuses on adolescent problem behaviors related to unintended pregnancy and substance use. He has developed programs for parents of adolescents to teach parents how to more effectively communicate and parent their children so as to reduce the risk of unintended pregnancies and problems due to substance use. He was involved in the seminal work on the influential Theory of Reasoned Action and has developed several effective parent-based interventions to prevent adolescent risk behaviors. Dr. Jaccard was one of the designers of the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health), which interviewed over 20,000 adolescents and their mothers in a multi-wave wave panel design. Add Health is one of the largest and most influential secondary data bases on adolescent health in the United States. Dr. Jaccard also has an extensive background in psychometrics and statistical methods. He has written numerous books and articles on the analysis of interaction effects in a wide range of statistical models, and teaches advanced graduate courses on structural equation modeling. He is currently developing a general framework for statistical analysis that eschews p values and focuses instead on magnitude estimation and margins of error. He in on the editorial board of the Journal of the Society for Social Work and reviews quantitative applications to social work research for the journal. Finally, Dr. Jaccard has written about theory construction and how to build conceptual models. He recently completed a book with Professor Jacob Jacoby that gives social scientists practical, hands-on approaches for generating ideas and translating them into coherent theories.
- Author(s)Choi K. Wan,James J. Jaccard
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1996
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleQuantitative Applications in the Social Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 114
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight148 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.