Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhen historian Emma Williams returns to Tulsa to care for her dying grandmother, she takes a job teaching high school social studies. She and her students find themselves caught up in a dangerous quest to uncover the long-buried secret of the greatest race riot in American history, the 1921 attack on Black Wall Street, in which many hundreds died and a large, prosperous town was utterly destroyed. Emma and her students publish their findings and inspire a state legislative commission to uncover the facts. In the process, she finds herself under personal attack and discovers a dark family secret. Eventually, reconciliation comes for the city, Emma, and her grandmother. Benedetti's first vel, The Long Italian Goodbye, received high praise from authors such as Adriana Trigiani, Ernest Gaines, and Ron McLarty, and critics such as Richard Christiansen of the Chicago Tribune.
- Author(s)Robert Benedetti
- PublisherRobert Benedetti Productions, Inc.
- Date of Publication08/01/2008
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobert Benedetti Productions, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight205 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.