All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'First of all, let's get one thing straight. Your Italy and out Italia are t the same thing. Italy is a soft drug peddled in predictable packages such as hills in the sunset, olive groves, white wine and raven haired girls. Italia, on the other hand, is a maze. It's alluring but complicated. In Italia you can go round and round in circles for years. Which of course, is great fun.' Beppe Severgnini was The Ecomist's Italian correspondent for ten years. A huge Anglophile as well as an astute observer of his countrymen, he's the perfect companion for this hilarious tour of modern Italy that takes you behind the seductive face it puts on for visitors - la bella figura - and uncovers the far more complex, paradoxical true self. Alongside the historic cities and glorious countryside, there'll be stops at the places where the Italians reveal themselves in all their authentic, maddening glory: the airport, the motorway and the living room. Ten days, thirty places. From rth to south, from food to politics, from saintliness to sexuality. This witty and beguiling examination will help you understand why Italy, as Beppe says, 'can have you fuming and then purring in the space of a hundred metres or ten minutes.'
- Author BiographyBeppe Severgnini is a columnist for Italy's largest-circulation daily newspaper, Corriere della Sera and covered Italy for The Economist from 1993 to 2003. He is also the author of the international bestseller Ciao, America! Beppe lived in London for more than fifteen years and is a self-confessed Anglophile. He now lives with his family in Crema on the outskirts of Milan.
- Author(s)Beppe Severgnini
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication26/06/2008
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Weight230 g
- Width170 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.