All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionPhilip Yancey has a way of confronting our most cherished but misguided tions about faith. In The Bible Jesus Read , he challenges the perception that the New Testament is all that matters and the Old Testament isn't worth taking the time to read and understand. Yancey admits that, like many Christians, he usually avoided the Old Testament. After all, why bother with writings that can be so baffling, boring, even offensive to the modern mind? But a surprising discovery awaited Yancey when he began to explore how the Old Testament related to his life today. Those seemingly irrelevant Hebrew Scriptures took on a startling immediacy, portraying a passionate relationship between God and people against the broad backdrop of human experience.Like thing else, the Old Testament depicts the cries, the complaints, the deep, insistent questionings of the heart, the stuff of life we all must contend with. With his candid, signature style, Yancey interacts with the Old Testament from the perspective of his own deeply personal journey. From Moses, the amazing prince of Egypt, to the psalmists' turbulent emotions and the prophets' oddball rantings, Yancey paints a picture of Israel's God - and ours - that fills in the blanks of a solely New Testament vision of the Almighty.Probing some carefully selected Old Testament books - Job , Deuteromy , Psalms , Ecclesiastes , and the Prophets - Yancey reveals how the Old Testament deals in astonishing depth and detail with the issues that trouble us most. The Old Testament in fact tackles what the New Testament often only skirts. But that shouldn't surprise us. It is, after all, the Bible Jesus read. The Bible Jesus Read will give you abundant new insights into the heart of God the Father. And as you read with a fresh eye the prayers, poems, songs, and bedtime stories that Jesus so revered, you will gain a profound new understanding of Christ. 'The more we comprehend the Old Testament,' Yancey writes, 'the more we comprehend Jesus.'
- Author BiographyPhilip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. The author of twelve Gold Medallion Award-winning books and two Kip Jordan ECPA Books of the Year, he lives with his wife in Colorado. Philip Yancey es editor regional de la revista Christianity Today. Ha escrito once libros premiados con la medalla de oro, entre los que figuran: La Biblia que leyo Jesus y El don del dolor. Sus libros El Jesus que nunca conoci y Gracia divina vs. condena humana tambien recibieron premio como libro cristiano del ano. Ademas, es autor de Alcanzando al Dios invisible entre otros.
- Author(s)Philip Yancey
- PublisherVida Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMiami
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintVida Publishers
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.