All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLa Cucina combines the sensuous pleasures of love and food, simmering in the heat of a Sicilian kitchen. Rose Fiore is a solitary middle-aged librarian who has resigned herself to a loveless life, and expresses her passionate nature through her delicious cooking. Then, one day, she meets an enigmatic chef, kwn only as l'Inglese, whose research on the heritage of Sicilian cuisine leads him into Rosa's library and into her heart. They share one sublime summer of discovery, during which l'Inglese awakens the power of Rosa's sexuality, and together they reach new heights of culinary passion. When he vanishes unexpectedly, Rosa returns to her family's estate to grieve for her lost love only to find a new fulfilment as well as many surprises in the magic of her beloved Cucina. A love song to Italy, La Cucina is a celebration of all things sensual. It spills over with intense images, colours, fragrances, and exuberant characters, all reflecting the splendour of the Silician countryside in which it is set.
- Author BiographyLily Prior lives in London. A great admirer of Italian cuisine and culture, she has travelled extensively in Italy. She is the author of La Cucina, Nectar and Ardour.
- Author(s)Lily Prior
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Weight191 g
- Width128 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.